Federally Qualified Health Centers
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) provide high quality healthcare to underserved areas or populations, provide comprehensive services, have ongoing quality assurance programs, offer discounted services, and have a governing board of directors which include patients.An FQHC must also be a public entity or a private not-for profit.
Being designated as an FQHC allows Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL) to:
- Purchase prescription and non-prescription medications for outpatients at reduced cost
- Access to the National Health Service Corps
- Loan Forgiveness for providers and nurses
- Scholarships for Students pursuing certain health fields
- Visit hrsa.gov/loanscholarships for details
- Access to the Vaccine for Children Program
- Qualify for medical malpractice coverage through Federal Tort Claims Act
- Be eligible for various other federal grants and programs
Applying for and receiving grant funds helps UGL to continue to provide high quality service at a lower cost to our community. Grants allow services to extend beyond traditional medical care to include integrated care, community health initiatives and health education.
Health Center Data