Attention Keweenaw County and Calumet Area Residents:
Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL) is asking residents from Keweenaw County and around the Calumet area to complete a brief (10 question) survey. Results will allow UGL to evaluate how best to meet the health care needs of those residing in the Keweenaw area.
Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts by accessing the survey here.
UGL Receives Quality Leader Awards
The Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL) receives more than $150,000 in Health Center Quality Imporvement Grant Awards from the U.S. Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA).
HRSA recently announced $125 million in Quality Improvement Awards (QIA’s) has been awarded to 1,352 community health centers across all U.S. states, territories and the District of Columbia. These awards recognize the highest performing health centers nationwide as well as those health centers that have made significant quality improvement gains from the previous year.
This year, Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center is being recognized for achievements in the following categories:
- Health Center Quality Leaders: Achieved the best overall clinical performance among all health centers and placed in the top 30% of the adjusted quartile rankings for clinical quality measures.
- Clinical Quality Improvers: Made at least a 10% improvement in one or more clinical quality measures between 2016 and 2017.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporters: Employed electronic health record to report on all clinical quality measure data for all of the health center’s patients.
- Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality Awards: Recognized health centers that utilized health information technology systems to increase access to care and advance quality of care.
- Achieving Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition
Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center’s CEO, Donald Simila, expressed his gratitude and appreciation of staff and all their hard work after receiving the award notification, “Every day I am proud to say that I work with an amazing team of people. They are a remarkable group of people who commit to the highest quality of care for the patients we serve. They are an inspiration and an example for others to follow”.
Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center
The Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL) is your community-based medical, dental and behavioral health care center. UGL is designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). UGL provides integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services regardless of language, gender, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, physical and mental capacity, age, religion, housing status and ability to pay.
Providing exceptional health care services for all people in the Upper Great Lakes region regardless of their ability to pay.
- Primary Care Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Pediatric Services
- Women’s Health Services
- Senior Health Care Services
- Dental Services
New Patients are Welcome! Call for an appointment.
This facility is a member of the National Health Service Corps
UGL Receives HRSA Recognition 2 Years in a Row
UGL recently received national recognition from HRSA for achieving the best overall clinical performance among all health centers, placing UGL in the top 30% of the adjusted quartile rankings for Clinical Quality Measures!