Number of Hours: Full-time
Job Number: HAN-ADM-634-01
Location: Hancock, MI
The Administrative Assistant provides a broad spectrum of administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), and other operations team members. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating meetings, managing schedules, creating and updating documents, coordinating and developing onboarding processes and activities, running reports and creating professional dashboards. The Administrative Assistant also performs reception duties, working with internal and external constituents with positivity and professional demeanor. The Administrative Assistant regularly has access to confidential information where the highest level of professionalism and expectation to abide by privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Schedules and coordinates department meetings including preparing agendas and materials and taking detailed meeting minutes, and maintaining attendance logs, as appropriate.
- Assists managers in scheduling performance evaluations and gathering related forms and documents.
- Schedules and provides coordination for specified orientation, onboarding, and training activities.
- Acts as liaison with Michigan Childhood Immunization Registry (MCIR) representative, coordinates and schedules meetings, and keeps related administrative records up to date.
- Creates and updates operational forms, ensuring standard templating/formatting is followed.
- Maintains operations department electronic files and ensures all operational forms are organized and up-to-date.
- Performs basic clerical duties including but not limited to copying, scanning, and distributing documents
- Creates workflow documents, dashboards, spreadsheets, operational tools, and reports
- Creates written correspondence and manages incoming/outgoing mail and package delivery
- Provides reception duties including greeting visitors, communicating with staff, and answering /directing operational main phone line(s)
- Assists in setting up travel arrangements, including operations team members for trainings, conferences and meetings
- Cross trains to be the back for other operations office staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Communicates effectively and professionally with both internal and external constituents.
- Complies with federal and state law and regulation to include but not limited to HIPAA, HRSA program guidelines, and compliance standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, organizational communique, in-service meetings, and professional conferences.
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-services as required and/or assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of established organizational policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information, and other standards.
- Supports the UGLFHC mission by “providing exceptional health care services for all people in the Upper Great Lakes region regardless of their ability to pay”.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Advanced education or certification program for administrative, secretarial, or office support professionals
Experience and Skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and remain calm and professional under pressure
- Proficient clerical skills in typing and use of standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, copiers, fax machine, and multiline telephone systems
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced features of Excel
- 2 or more years work experience in an administrative position in a professional office setting
- Professional and positive demeanor with strong communication skills (written, verbal, and non-verbal)
- Willing to embrace change
- Prior work experience in the health care industry
- Experience using eClinical Works (eCW)
- Prior work experience supporting an executive level management
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Experience working independently with limited daily supervision and also as part of a team.