Application Support Specialist
Job Number: ADM-600-662-002
Number of Hours: Full-time
Location: Hancock, MI
Description: Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center will lease this individual from UP Health System Portage. The position responsibilities, include but are not limited to, application support relating to electronic medical record, software and basic general IT. Additionally, training of staff and development of training materials.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service.
- Complies with established policies and procedures, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information and infection control standards.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of IT technologies and records accordingly.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, diagnose, repair, upgrade and troubleshoot IT technologies.
- Perform internal and external (vendor) escalation of issues and liaise with others (vendors, peers, etc.) as applicable.
- Collaborate with others to ensure efficient operation of organization technologies.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding IT problems, adds, changes, moves, etc. during normal work hours and per on-call/after-hour schedule.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT technologies.
- Facilitates the integration of computer applications throughout the facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Health Information Technology (HIT).
- Develops educational tools to support continuing user training on application systems.
- Update training materials for various training sessions (Orientation, Advanced Refresher Classes, Helpful Hints and Frequently Asked Questions).
- Conduct classroom style and one-on-one training sessions with all levels of users as needed.
- Knowledge of standard configurations and specific templates and customization.
- Required travel to multiple sties to provide onsite support.
- Primary helpdesk resource for application support and ticket resolution. Assists customers to identify and resolve problems with the applications and interfaces. Assists with coordinating requests for system modifications and enhancements.
- Works with various vendors for issue resolution.
- Maintain knowledgebase to document application issues.
- Assists in the development of procedures to effectively utilize and integrate the application systems.
Required Education, Training, Certification/Licensure and Experience:
- Associates Degree in related field (Business, Computer or Healthcare)
- Ability to use and understand the functionality of various IT programs and protocols, including but not limited to:
- Windows 7 (pro/Enterprise) and Windows 10 (Pro/Enterprise)
- MS Office 2010 and up
- Remote Desktop
- Email (Office 365 & MS Exchange)
- Software installation
- EHR/EMR experience
- Basic knowledge of systems and general office workflow
- Experience working in healthcare environment
- Experience with E-Clinical Works, preferred
- Administration of and working knowledge of E-Clinical Works, similar EMR and Internet/Intranet configuration and support, preferred
- Nursing Degree/strong medical background, preferred
- Outpatient clinic experience, preferred
- Experience training all types of users, preferred