Behavioral Health Program Lead
Responsible for leadership and management of Behavioral Health Services (BHS) and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) services including departmental budget, behavioral health and substance use disorder team, related grant proposals and grant management. Serves as an integral member of the clinical care team and management team providing program leadership and development. If a licensed provider, maintains a clinical practice as appropriate within scope of license. This position is contingent on external funding.
A complete job description, including position accountabilities and competencies is available upon request.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Master’s Degree in a social work, healthcare management, administration, or other Health related field –or- a combination of education and work experience that demonstrates appropriate knowledge necessary to perform the job successfully.
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW)
Experience and Skills
- Experience leading or managing a behavioral health, substance use disorder, or other healthcare program
- Knowledge of case management functions and chronic disease model
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information on a need-to-know basis
- Proficient typing and computer skills, including utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Experience or functional ability and comfort level utilizing an Electronic Health Record
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Five years or more years of relevant supervisory and program leadership experience.
- Experience working at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) using an integrated model of care
- Experience utilizing motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy
- Experience in program management across multiple service locations
- Five years post-master’s experience in behavioral health therapist position
- In depth working knowledge of behavioral medicine / substance use disorder and evidence-based treatments for medical and behavioral / substance use disorder health conditions
- Knowledge of and/or effective use of Tele-Medicine as a treatment modality
- Experience in grant writing, grant implementation and management or administration of grants
- Experience in budget development and fiscal responsibility measures necessary for sustainable program management
- Experience in program accreditation activities, requirements and licensure processes for BHS/SUD services.