Certified Nurse Midwife
Job Number: OB-100-104-001 & 002
Number of Hours: Full-time
Location: Hancock, MI
Job Summary: Provides independent and collaborative primary healthcare and management of care to women before, during and after pregnancy, including care of the newborn, in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Provides care for obstetric patients to include pregnancy induced hypertension, gestational diabetes, multiple gestations and route labor management.
- Manages patients with epidural infusions, Pitocin protocols, and other labor pharmaceuticals. Performs appropriate emergency interventions and manages complications.
- Collaborates with the on-call obstetrician to assess or manage low to moderate risk intrapartum patients. Rounds on OB and postpartum.
- Provides education/counseling to patient and patient’s family with respect to pregnancy, childbirth, care of newborn, contraception, family planning and gynecological care.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, share decision-making and the right to self determination.
Education, Training, Licensure & Credentialing Required:
- Masters degree from an accredited nurse-midwifery program
- American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- DEA license
- Applicable life support certification(s)
- Experience in high risk obstetrics, preferred
- Valid State of Michigan licensure
- Completion of successful privileging process