Community Health Worker
Number of Hours: Full-time (80 hours bi-weekly)
Location: Gwinn, MI (Gwinn Clinic)
Position Summary: The Community Health Worker is responsible for encouraging patient and provider shared decision making, promoting healthy patient behaviors that reduce risk, improving medication adherence, furthering patient self-management skills and linking the clinical care provided by the Health Center with community-based social supports. The goal of this position is to effectively educate, motivate and support patients in pursuing behavior and lifestyle modifications that improve health status and quality of life.
Minimum Qualifications and Performance Requirements:
- Oral and written communication skills at a level typically acquired through a program of study in public health, health education, social work, human services, health communication or similar field or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of community based healthcare and social service systems and the needs of medically underserved populations.
- Ability to work with individuals with varied professional backgrounds and diverse cultures with multiple chronic conditions.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive partner relations.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with clients/patients.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and produce a copy of current auto insurance certificate.