IT Support Specialist
Job Number: HAFP-INFO TECH-661-01 (Leased Portage)
This position supports, in conjunction with the entire Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center IT department, all IT functions of the organization. This includes electronic medical record support, software, hardware, and network support. Additionally, training of staff and development of training materials.
- Shows support of Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center.
- Ensures the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Complies with established policies and procedures, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information, and infection control standards.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT technologies and records accordingly.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, diagnose, repair, upgrade, and troubleshoot IT technologies.
- Perform internal and external (vendor) escalation of issues and liaise with others (vendors, peers, etc.) as applicable.
- Collaborate with others to ensure efficient operation of organization technologies.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding IT problems, adds, changes, moves, etc. during normal work hours and per on-call/after-hour schedule.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring the performance or various technologies and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT technologies.
- Ensures the proper configuration of new PC’s.
- Responsible for phone system support (VOIP).
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Complies with federal and state law and accrediting and licensing agents at all times to include, but not limited to OSHA and federal compliance regulations.
- Facilitates the integration of computer applications throughout the facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of health Information Technology (HIT)
- Develops educational tools to support continuing user training on application systems.
- Update training materials for various training sessions (Orientation, Advanced Refresher Classes, Helpful Hints, and Frequently Asked Questions).
- Conduct classroom style and one-on-one training sessions with all levels of users as needed.
- Knowledge of standard configurations and specific templates and customization.
- Required travel to multiple sites to provide onsite support.
- Primary helpdesk resource for application support and ticket resolution. Assists customers to identify and resolve problems with the applications and interfaces. Assists with coordinating requests for system modifications and enhancements.
- Works with various vendors for issue resolution.
- Maintain knowledgebase to document application issues.
- Assists in the development of procedures to effectively utilize and integrate the application systems.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information systems/Computer Science or related field
- Ability to use and understand the functionality of various IT programs, and protocols, including but not limited to:
- Windows 7 (Pro/Enterprise) and Windows 10 (Pro/Enterprise)
- MS Office 2010 and up
- Remote Desktop
- Configuration, troubleshooting, and repair (printers, pc’s laptop, phones)
- Email (Office 365)
- Software Installation and troubleshooting
- Experience working in healthcare environment
- Cisco experience 2+ years
- Firewall/WAN configuration and support 3+ years
- VOIP (Mitel system)
Experience and Skills
- Must have ability to handle confidential information on a need-to-know basis as defined by Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center
- Computer Skills
- Exceptional Phone Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High level of multi-tasking and prioritization
- Understanding of the theory of the field/profession, to the extent needed to select and apply new techniques or methods
- Knowledge of data analysis, systems design, problem identification, medical data processing practice
- Knowledge of computer configuration
- Skill over a broad range of functional information management
- Ability to separate problems into components and recognize underlying patterns and processes
- Skill in using communication methods to elicit information, negotiate, resolve problems, garner support, and coach
- Ability to resolve conflicts productively
- Ability to be oriented to end-use thinking
- Must possess customer service skills
- Knowledge of fiscal management and ability to understand budgets and contractual requirements
- Experience and skills to present to group and adult learning situations