IT Support Specialist
Job Number: IT-661-02
Number of Hours: Full-time
Location: Gwinn, MI
Description: Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center will lease this individual from UP Health System Portage. The position supports, in conjunction with the entire UGLFHC Information Technology Department, all IT functions of the organization including, but not limited to, electronic medical record support, software, hardware and network support. Additionally, training of staff and development of training materials.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service.
- Complies with established policies and procedures, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information and infection control standards.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of IT technologies and records accordingly.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, diagnose, repair, upgrade and troubleshoot IT technologies.
- Perform internal and external (vendor) escalation of issues and liaise with others (vendors, peers, etc.) as applicable.
- Collaborate with others to ensure efficient operation of organization technologies.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding IT problems, adds, changes, moves, etc. during normal work hours and per on-call/after-hour schedule.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring the performance of various technologies and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT technologies.
- Ensures the proper configuration of new PC’s.
- Responsible for phone system support (VOIP).
Required Education, Training, Certification/Licensure and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems/Computer Science or related field
- Ability to use and understand the functionality of various IT programs and protocols, including but not limited to:
- Windows 7 (pro/Enterprise) and Windows 10 (Pro/Enterprise)
- MS Office 2010 and up
- Remote Desktop
- Configuration, troubleshooting, and repair (printers, pc’s, laptops, phones)
- Email (Office 365)
- Software installation and troubleshooting
- Experience working in healthcare environment, preferred
- Two (2) years Cisco experience, preferred
- Three (3) Firewall/WAN configuration and support, preferred
- VOIP (Mitel system) experience, preferred