Number: OPER MGMT & SUPP-650-01
Number of Hours: Full-time
Location: Gwinn, MI (Sawyer Clinic)
As a member of the operations team, the Operations Coordinator will support operations activities of the health center and will coordinate multiple operational projects, including but not limited to vaccine management activities, purchasing and procurement, safety, facility and equipment maintenance, and student internships and placements.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationship with operations team members, including Practice Managers, Operations Manager, Chief Operating Officer and other health center staff.
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and in a timely manner with both internal and external constituents, including health center staff and vendors.
- Comply with federal and state law and regulations at all times.
- Monitor immunization coordinators for compliance of vaccine policy, reports issues to the Practice Manager/Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
- Ensure equipment in being serviced in accordance to manufacture/policy recommendations.
- Support workplace safety initiatives and programs by educating staff on importance of reporting safety concerns, offering solutions to safety issues reported, completing safety surveys for all sites annually.
- Participate in vaccine management processes including, but not limited to: oversight of MCIR system; manage vaccine safety and stock to limit vaccine waste; proactively rotating vaccine stock; track lost doses and waste; establishing new site set up and training of vaccine coordinators; track and log temperature reports; educate staff on vaccine management practices and processes; participate in site visits from county health departments; and assist in policy updates related to vaccine management.
- Assist human resource staff with employee drug screening program as needed and manage drug screen supplies and forms from vendors.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and housekeeping of Gwinn/Sawyer clinics by reporting issues to the Practice Manager immediately; provide guidance to the maintenance/housekeeping staff on priority projects; coordinates and schedules preventative maintenance.
- Request bids and quotes for facility projects and routine maintenance with outside vendors.
- Communicate and coordinate student internship and clinical rotations at health center sites with universities and other educational institutions, collaborate with human resource staff to ensure pre-screening requirements are complete, work with Practice Managers and office coordinator to ensure students are appropriately scheduled, and ensure affiliation agreements and contracts are in place prior with educational institutions.
- Coordinates supply chain management activities for all clinics including but not limited to soliciting bids for supplies or large items, assisting Practice Mangers with ordering processes, managing inventory and negotiating best pricing.
- Manages purchasing of 340b pharmaceuticals in compliance with program requirements.
- Acts as the Health Stream super-user to assign employee passwords, removes/changes access when appropriate; and manage employee education assignments within the system.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, organizational committees, in-service meetings, and professional conferences.
- Attend and participates in meetings and in-services as required and/or assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of established organizational policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information, infection prevention and other standards.
- Supports UGLFHC mission by “providing exceptional health care services for all people in the Upper Great Lakes region regardless of their ability to pay”.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare field
- Preferred: Certification as a Pharmacy Tech or related field
Experience and Skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficient with MS Office software, and other computer applications including email and internet
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills
- Multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Prior work experience in a pharmacy and/or in vaccine management
- Experience in supply management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical best Practices
- Working knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Centers, 340B Program, safety programs and best Practices, purchasing and procurement best Practices, and concepts in facility management
- Regular sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Regular lifting of up to 20 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Requires continuous performance of detailed tasks, interruptions, and changing work priorities.
- Occasionally subject to long, irregular hours.
- Repetitive motion from performing daily tasks including manual dexterity particularly related to computer usage
- Visual abilities including depth perception, ocular focus, close vision, color vision
- Adequate hearing and visual acuity to perform daily work
- Ability to adjust physically and emotionally to a fast-paced work environment
- Regular long distance collaboration and communication with staff at remote locations.
- Work location and schedule may have flexibility
- Regular travel locally and occasional regional travel for meetings and continuing education requirements
- Occasional exposure to infections and contagious diseases in clinic environment
- Environment may contain housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals, hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment, and biohazards and/or radioactive substances
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. UGLFHC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. Additionally, this job description is not intended as an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and UGLFHC continues to maintain its status as an at-will employer.
If the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, reasonable accommodations may be made.