Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
Job Number: OUTREACH-810-01
Number of Hours: Full-time
Location: Open to Houghton or Hancock, MI
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work to provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
- Maintains established organizational policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information, and infection control standards.
- Utilizes excellent customer service and team skills at all times.
- Complies with federal and state law, regulations, accrediting and licensing agencies at all times.
- Provide enrollment assistance for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). (Report Attached)
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals. (Reports Attached)
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness. Leads presentations at local community events/organizations.
- Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission and services of the organization.
- Collaborate with various local organizations to build awareness of coverage options, spur enrollment and build referral linkages.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
- Recruit and utilize volunteers to increase program capacity (Reports Attached).
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-services as required and/or assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- High school diploma or higher
- Certified to assists people with enrolling in health exchange/market place
- Certified to enroll people in MI Bridges
- Previous Health Center or primary care experience
Experience and Skills
- Must be able to travel with use of a personal vehicle
- Must possess the ability to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the general public in outreach situations
- Must possess the ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to enthusiastically communicate with potential enrollees
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet-based applications and the Microsoft operating system
- Must have ability to handle confidential information on a need-to-know basis
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Ability to communicate and respond effectively
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
- Requires visual acuity to perform required tasks
- Work is partially performed (60%) in a normal, pleasant office environment
- A portion of work time (40%) will be spent performing in-field outreach and enrollment assistance activities
- Duties will require travel throughout the health center’s service area
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed