Job Number: HAFP-OUTREACH-815-01
Number of Hours: Full-time
The Outreach Coordinator will work collaboratively with Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center staff and the community to provide outreach and education opportunities to build awareness of UGL’s health centers, services, programs and initiatives. Skills include but are not limited to, interviewing, news writing, ad copywriting, proofreading, desktop publishing, typing/word processing, photography, public speaking, newsletter and ad layout, social media, and website management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain established organizational policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environment of care, management of information, and infection control standards.
- Comply with federal and state law, regulations, accrediting and licensing agencies at all times.
- Coordinates and assists with the development of outreach initiatives. Works with Administrative Director to develop, implement and track regional outreach campaigns promoting new providers, availability of services, new initiatives, etc.
- Creates awareness of and builds market share through assigned communications projects and through contribution of ideas for future projects.
- Participates in the development of outreach strategies. Develops and maintains communication plans for providers and services. Coordinates and facilitates in-house and public communication to maintain a high level of visibility and awareness of UGL.
- Develops and maintain s strong relationship with media on UGL’s behalf to project a positive image, promote upcoming events, special initiatives, etc.
- Writes, photographs and facilitates published, broadcasted and electronic communications including news stories, press releases, media interviews, feature stories, newsletters, and radio/television coverage and measures electronic media outreach initiatives.
- Coordinate general community education for Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center services and initiatives including assisting with the design, production and distribution of printed and electronic materials.
- Responsible for the development and management of UGL’s website design, features, navigation and content. Produces web content (images, video, etc.) that is properly formatted and free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of critical website skills and terminology, including usability, graphics design, search engine optimization, website features, systems analysis and basic layout design.
- Collaborates with IT Department and contracted vendor to ensure technical infrastructure is in place and aligned to provide a consistent, user-friendly platform for all users. Identifies and communicates technical difficulties and assists with resolving issues.
- Systematically collects, analyzes, and reports website metrics and statistics and collaborates with Administrative Director to develop and implement strategies optimizing website utilization.
- Assists Administrative Director in reviewing monthly media invoices, verifying paid ads have run as scheduled and confirming amount billed is accurate compared to initial quotes received.
- Investigates opportunities and represents UGL at community events in order to promote the mission and services of UGL.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, organizational communique, in-service meetings and professional conferences.
- Participates in various local organization and community agency meetings on behalf of UGL to gather health center perceptions, share updates regarding new services and promote upcoming events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Business Administration or equivalent experience in other disciplines emphasizing high-level writing, computer and communication skills. Combined education/training experience taken into consideration.
- Previous experience working for Health Care industry
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software (Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign)
- Ability to travel with use of a personal vehicle
- Speak effectively before groups and actively engage the general public in outreach situations
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasksStrong computer skills with proficiencies in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet-based applications and the Microsoft operating system. Including but not limited to: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Power Point, Adobe InDesign
- Ability to handle confidential information on a need-to-know basis
Two to four years of experience in outreach/marketing activities
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Travel Requirements
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Ability to communicate and respond effectively
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
- Requires visual acuity to perform required tasks
- Work is partially performed (70%) in a normal, pleasant office environment
- A portion of work time (30%) will be spent performing in-field outreach and education activities
- Duties will require travel throughout the health center’s service area
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed