Physician – Family Practice (MD or DO) *STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS*
Job Number: UC-100-100-002
Number of Hours: 1.0 Full-time
Location: Houghton, MI
Job Responsibilities (This is a condensed list of duties and is not to be taken as the complete job description):
- Provides direct patient care • Diagnose/Treat diseases/disorders and make appropriate disposition • Prescribe, dispense, and administer medications • Maintain records of medical history and treatment utilizing the problem-oriented medical record • Refer patients for specialty care as needed • Provide information and education to patient and family members regarding diagnosis, treatment, prevention and safety in accordance with HIPAA guidelines • Receive abnormal test results after working hours (during on-call coverage) • Provide urgent treatment as needed • Initiate/continue medical regimens • Provide follow-up and treatment as needed • Responsible for hospital admissions, rounding and after-hours call
Education, Training, Licensure & Credentialing Required:
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school and Licensure by the State Board of Medical Practice
- Board certified or board eligible in primary care (Family Practice or Internal Medicine)
- Valid State of Michigan licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Experience in primary care
- Able to provide health care in a sensitive, nonjudgmental manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds
- Able to examine, diagnose, and treat clients of all ages independently
Student Loan Forgiveness – Visit http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/loanrepaymentprogram.html for more details and eligibility.
Primary care medical, dental and mental/behavioral health clinicians can get up to $50,000 to repay their health profession student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment to work at an approved NHSC site in a high-need, underserved area. The payment is free from Federal income tax and is made at the beginning of service so you can more quickly pay down your loans.