Job Number: Number of Hours: Full-time
Under the supervision of the Director of Quality (DOQ), and in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Quality Manager assists and leads clinical quality improvement initiatives of all service areas including medical, behavioral health and dental. In the absence of the Director of Quality, the Manager provides daily leadership to the quality department staff in areas such as population health management and continuity of care, efficient use of electronic health record (EHR), Meaningful Use/Advancing Care Information, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) requirements, Uniform Data System reporting, License Independent Practitioner (LIP) credentialing and privileging and other clinical quality related activities. The Quality Manager provides direction to Quality Coordinators and other teams in the interpretation/understanding of quality and performance improvement activities, engaging clinical staff and providers from the inception to the development/implementation and training of compliance and performance improvement (CPI) activities, and support the CMO in organizing provider evaluations and provider peer review processes, including gathering and interpretation of relevant clinical data.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) with active state of Michigan License; or Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) with active state of Michigan license; and/or
- Master’s degree in healthcare related field
Experience and Skills
- Minimum two years’ experience working in healthcare setting.
- Computer skills including Microsoft suite including Excel and PowerPoint and prior electronic health record experience.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact including excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Organizational and administrative skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Possesses flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve and follow through with effective solutions
- Proficiency in public speaking
- Prior work experience in a management position, preferably in a clinic setting
- Prior work experience in clinical quality/ process improvement.
- Experience working developing and maintaining departmental budget
- Computer skills including Microsoft Visio and Access, data reporting tools and data management systems.
- Knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) standards of practice, legal and ethical codes and regulations applicable to FQHCs.
- Knowledge of advanced principles of PCMH, NQCA, HEDIS, MHIN, and Meaningful Use
- Prior experience developing and/or implementing team-building and leadership activities