Sports Physicals - Houghton County
Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center (UGL) is accepting appointments for student-athletes in need of an athletic screening for the 2022-2023 sports season. Due to the continuing pandemic, UGL will follow the CDC guidelines which currently do not recommend mass sports screenings. Instead, athletic screenings will be offered during a student's well-child exam to ensure a more comprehensive evaluation is completed along with the appropriate sports screening forms. Parents or guardians can contact their child's UGL primary care provider to schedule. For those students who do not have a primary care provider, we are happy to accommodate and accept any student needing an athletic physical.
Student-athletes with parent(s) or guardian(s) should arrive at their scheduled appointment with the following items:
- Physical form (provided by school) with completed health history (in its entirety). Please note that this must include the parent’s signature to participate in a physical.
- Insurance Card
- For those who do not have insurance, an application for UGL's Sliding Fee Scale will be provided to the parent/guardian.
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses for the vision test.
- Athletes DO NOT need to bring a urine sample for the physical.
Well-child exams can be scheduled at one of the following UGL locations:
- Calumet Family Health Center: 906-483-1177
- Hancock Family Health Center - Family Practice: 906-483-1060
- Hancock Family Health Center - Pediatrics: 906-483-1700
- Houghton Family Health Center: 906-483-1860
- Ice Lake Family Health Center: 906-265-5378
- Lake Linden Family Health Center: 906-483-1030
Visit our locations page for more information.