UGL Receives Health Center Quality Recognition Awards from HRSA
HRSA has announced its annual Community Health Quality Recognition Awards and UGL has hit a substantial milestone this year!
These awards recognize the highest performing health centers nationwide as well as those health centers that have made significant quality improvement gains from the previous year. This year, Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center is being recognized for achievements in the following categories:
- Health Center Quality Leader – GOLD: Awarded to health centers that achieve the best overall clinical quality measure (CQM) performance among all health centers. Since 2017, UGL has received the silver badge in this category representing the top 11-20% of health centers overall. This year, UGL has received the gold badge which represents the top 10% of health centers nationwide! Some of the initiatives we’ve worked towards to achieve this accomplishment over the last year include:
- Improving A1c labs for patients with Diabetes
- Improving Breast Cancer Screening rates
- Re-engaging children due for Immunizations
- Improving processes for patients with Hypertension
- Advancing HIT for Quality: This award recognizes health centers that meet all criteria to optimize Health Information Technology (HIT) services and meets the following:
- Adopted an electronic health record (EHR) system
- Offers telehealth services
- Exchanges clinical information electronically with key providers in health care settings
- Engages patients through health IT
- Addressing Social Risk Factors: Recognizes health centers that are screening for social risk factors impacting patient health and are increasing access to enabling services. Health centers must meet the following criteria:
- Addressing and connecting patients to community resources
- Increasing the proportion of patients connected to a Community Health Worker or Care Manager to address and resolve social needs.
- Achieving Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition: Each year, we reapply for PCMH recognition and once again are recognized for implementing a team-based care approach to:
- Implement practice efficiencies to improve the patient experience of care
- Improve the health of populations
- Reduce healthcare costs
- Keep patients engaged in their healthcare
We want to recognize all our staff for their dedication to quality patient care and hard work to UGLFHC’s success in achieving this significant accomplishment. We are very proud of you all for this achievement!